How To Combine Eyeshadow Colours
Author: Michelle Teeken Date Posted:17 February 2023
Are you tired of having just one eyeshadow colour on your lids? If so, it's time to step up your eyeshadow game and start experimenting with different colour combinations.
In this blog, we'll cover all the basics on how to combine eyeshadow colours and make your eyes pop. We'll answer questions like: how do you match eyeshadow colours together, how do you layer them, and what's the right order for applying light and dark shades?
We'll also show you how to blend two eyeshadow colours seamlessly and give you some suggestions on three eyeshadow shades that look good together. So, grab your BRUSHES and let's get started!
How Do You Match Eyeshadow Colours Together?
Matching eyeshadow colours can seem intimidating, but with a few simple guidelines, it can be a breeze.
Firstly, consider the colour of your eyes.
· If you have blue eyes, warm shades like bronze, golden, and copper will make them pop.
· For brown eyes, go for shades of purple, pink, and taupe to bring out their richness.
· Green eyes look stunning with shades of red, green, and brown.
For more information, check out our previous blog HOW TO MAKE YOUR EYES POP.
Next, consider the occasion and the outfit you'll be wearing.
· For a daytime look, stick to neutral shades like beige and brown.
· For a night out or a special event, you can experiment with bolder colours like cobalt blue or deep purple.
For more information, check out our previous blog HOW TO MATCH YOUR MAKEUP TO YOUR LOOK.
Additionally, you can use the colour wheel as a reference. To create a harmonious look, choose colours that are opposite each other on the wheel, known as complementary colours. For example, a warm orange complements a cool blue, and a warm green complements a cool pink.
Finally, don't be afraid to mix and match textures, finishes, and levels of intensity. A matte shade can balance out a metallic or glittery shade, and a sheer wash of colour can add a soft, ethereal effect.
With these tips in mind, you'll be able to create a range of eye-catching eyeshadow combinations that flatter your eye colour and personal style.
How Do You Layer Eyeshadow Colours?
Layering eyeshadow colours is a great way to create depth and dimension on your lids.
· To layer eyeshadow colours, start by applying a base colour all over your lid. This could be a neutral shade such as taupe or beige, or it could be a lighter shade of the colour you want to build upon.
· Next, choose a medium shade that you want to layer over the base colour. Apply this shade on the outer half of your lid, blending it into the base colour.
· Finally, choose a deeper shade to add more definition and drama to your look. Apply this shade on the outer corner of your lid and blend it into the medium shade. Use a blending brush to ensure that the colours blend seamlessly together.
You can also layer different textures, such as matte and shimmer, to create a more interesting look. Just remember, less is more when it comes to layering eyeshadow, so start with a small amount of each shade and build as needed.
Do You Apply Light or Dark Eyeshadow First?
The answer to this question depends on the look you're trying to achieve. Generally, it's recommended to start with a light eyeshadow first and then build up to a darker shade. This creates a gradient effect and makes it easier to blend the colours together.
However, if you're going for a more dramatic look, such as a smokey eye, you can apply the dark eyeshadow first.
· Start by applying the dark shade on the outer corner of your lid and then blend it towards the centre.
· Next, apply the medium shade in the centre of your lid and blend it into the dark shade.
· Finally, apply the light base colour all over your lid, making sure to blend it into the other colours. Just be careful not to apply too much of the dark shade, as this can quickly overpower your look.
How Do You Blend Two Eyeshadow Colours?
Blending two eyeshadow colours together is the key to creating a flawless and professional-looking eye look. The key to successful blending is to use the right tools and technique.
· Start by using a good quality blending brush, such as our GOLD LUXE MINI SHAPER BRUSH
· Next, choose two colours that you want to blend. Apply the first colour on the outer half of your lid and the second colour on the inner half of your lid.
· Then, using circular motions, blend the two colours together on the transition area between the two colours. It's important to blend well in this area so that there are no harsh lines. You can also use a windshield wiper motion to blend the colours together.
· If you need to add more colour, don't be afraid to build up the intensity slowly. The more you blend, the more natural and seamless the two colours will look together.
· Don't forget to blend the colours upwards into the crease, as well as along your lower lash line for a more complete look.
What Three Eyeshadows Look Good Together?
When it comes to choosing three eyeshadows that look good together, there are many options to choose from. Here are three classic combinations that will never go out of style:
· Bronze, Gold, and Brown: This warm-toned trio creates a soft and romantic look. Apply a bronze shade all over your lid, a gold shade on the inner corner and centre of your lid, and a brown shade on the outer corner and crease. Blend everything together for a beautiful, seamless look.
Try our SOHO NUDES EYESHADOW PALETTE to achieve this look!
· Plum, Taupe, and Champagne: This combination is perfect for creating a subtle smoky eye. Apply a plum shade to your lid, blend a taupe shade into the crease, and finish with a champagne shimmer on the inner corner of your eye.
Try our PARTY POP EYESHADOW PALETTE to achieve this look!
· Green, Gold, and Brown: This earthy combination is great for creating a natural and sophisticated look. Apply a green shade all over your lid, a gold shade on the inner corner and centre of your lid, and a brown shade on the outer corner and crease. Blend everything together for a stunning look that is sure to turn heads.
Try our NUDE CAMO EYESHADOW PALETTE to achieve this look!
Remember, these are just suggestions, and the beauty of makeup is that you can create your own unique look. Don't be afraid to experiment with different colour combinations to find what works best for you.
Have fun and enjoy the process!