5 Tips For Applying False Lashes Easily
Author: Michelle Teeken Date Posted:31 March 2023
Hey Beauties! Today, we're going to talk about one of the most popular beauty trends and what we’re best known for - FALSE LASHES!
If you're new to the world of lashes, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. But don’t panic! With the right tips and tricks, applying false lashes can be a breeze. Whether you're a makeup beginner or a pro, we’re here to share our top 5 tips for applying false lashes easily. From selecting the right lashes for your eye shape to mastering the application technique, we’ve got you covered. So, let's get started and learn how to apply false lashes with ease!
CHOOSE THE RIGHT LASHES FOR YOUR EYE SHAPE:
When it comes to selecting the right false lashes, one size doesn't fit all. Each person's eye shape is unique, and so are the lashes that will suit them best. For example, if you have DEEP-SET EYES, you may want to choose lashes that are longer in the centre to create a more open and lifted look. On the other hand, if you have ROUND EYES, you might want to opt for lashes that are longer on the outer corners to elongate your eye shape.
Don't worry if you're unsure about which lashes are best for your eye shape - it can be a bit overwhelming! That's why we've got you covered with our blog topic on HOW TO PICK FALSE EYELASHES FOR DIFFERENT EYE SHAPES. So, be sure to check it out for more tips on finding the perfect lashes for your eyes!
TRIM THE LASHES TO FIT YOUR EYE SIZE:
Trimming your false lashes to fit your eye size is a crucial step to achieving a natural and comfortable look. If the lashes are too long, they can poke into the inner corner of your eye and cause discomfort. On the other hand, if they're too short, they won't provide the fullness and length that you desire.
· Before applying false lashes, make sure to measure them against your natural lash line and trim them accordingly.
· To trim your lashes, use a small pair of SCISSORS and carefully trim the outer edge of the lash strip to fit the length of your natural lash line. It's better to trim a little at a time and try them on again, rather than cutting off too much at once.
Remember, you can always trim more, but you can't add length back once it's cut off! So take your time and be patient while trimming your lashes. With a little practice, you'll be able to trim them to fit your eyes perfectly every time.
APPLY A THIN LAYER OF ADHESIVE:
When it comes to applying false lashes, a thin layer of lash adhesive is key. Not only will it ensure that the lashes stay in place all day, but it will also make the application process a lot easier. Applying too much glue can lead to a sticky mess, making it difficult to position the lashes correctly.
· To apply a thin layer of adhesive, start by squeezing a small amount of glue onto the back of your hand or a clean surface.
· Then, use a COTTON SWAB or a small brush to apply the glue evenly along the lash strip. Wait a few seconds for the glue to become tacky before placing the lashes on your lash line.
And if you're wondering which LASH ADHESIVE to use, there are a variety of adhesives to suit different preferences, including clear and black options, as well as LATEX-FREE formulas for those with sensitive skin.
LOOK DOWN INTO YOUR MIRROR:
Looking down into the mirror while applying false lashes is one of the best tips to ensure that you get the perfect placement every time. This technique helps you to see your lash line more clearly and makes it easier to apply the false lashes as close to your natural lashes as possible.
To use this technique, hold the mirror directly in front of you and look down into it, so that your eyelids are half-closed. This will give you a better view of your lash line and help you to position the false lashes in the right place.
USE TWEEZERS OR A LASH APPLICATOR:
Using TWEEZERS OR A LASH APPLICATORS is a game-changer when it comes to applying false lashes. Not only does it provide you with more precision and control, but it also helps you avoid getting glue on your fingers, which can be messy and frustrating.
· To begin, hold the false lashes with your tool of choice, making sure they're centred and not dangling or crooked.
· Then, apply a thin line of glue along the base of the lashes and wait a few seconds for the glue to become tacky.
· Once the glue is tacky, carefully place the lashes on top of your natural lashes, starting from the inner corner of your eye and working your way outwards.
· Gently press the lashes onto your lash line with your tool, making sure they're securely attached.
· If you're having trouble getting the lashes to stick, try holding them in place for a few extra seconds.
· And don't forget to adjust the position of the lashes to ensure they're sitting in the right place and aligned with your natural lashes.
Applying false lashes can seem intimidating at first, but with the right tips and tricks, anyone can do it easily and efficiently. Remember to choose the right lashes for your eye shape, trim them to fit, apply a thin layer of adhesive, look down into your mirror, and use tweezers or a lash applicator for precision.
With these five tips, you'll be able to achieve a natural and comfortable false lash look in no time. So go ahead and gi